Frequently Asked Questions
Place & Times
Drop-Off & Pick-Up:
Campers should be dropped off and picked up at Camp Chameleon located at Shelter #5 at Markham Park. The park is located at 16001 W. State Rd. 84, Sunrise, Florida, at the corner of Weston Rd. and St. Rd. 84. Look for camp signs.
Days & Hours:
Camp Chameleon is a day camp that operates Monday through Friday. The camp day begins promptly at 8:45 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.
Available from 7:30 to 8:45 a.m. & 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Extended hours are included in the price of the program. In the event that a camper is not picked up by 6:00 pm, however, a $1 per minute late fee will be charged. Repeated late pick-up may result in camper dismissal from program.
Clothing & Valuables
- Campers should wear shorts, camp t-shirt, socks and sneakers to camp daily. Sandals & flip flops are discouraged due to risk of injury.
- Camp T-shirts must be worn everyday. One free camp t-shirt will be issued to each camper on their first day of camp. Extra t-shirts are available for purchase for $10 each.
- All campers should bring a swimsuit, sunscreen and towel to camp on days that water activities are scheduled. Please label all clothing & towels with your child’s name!
- We encourage campers to leave valuable items at home such as I Pods, phones & electronic games. Camp Chameleon does not assume responsibility if items are lost or stolen.
Lunch & Snacks
- Campers may bring lunch from home or purchase a camp lunch. Please label lunches brought from home with your child’s name.
- A prepaid lunch program is available upon registering or camp lunch can be purchased from the camp counselors on a daily basis for $5.00.
Camp lunch consists of the following menu items plus chips and a drink.
Monday – Pizza
Tuesday – Chicken Nuggets
Wednesday – Hamburgers
Thursday – Chicken Nuggets
Friday – Pizza
- Please pack your child a nutritious morning and afternoon snack to take to camp with them each day. We schedule snack times into our daily routine to keep energy levels up and campers well hydrated. Camp Chameleon provides water throughout the day.